Friday, April 13, 2007

The Internet Killed the Television Star

"I can think of nothing more boring for the American people than to have to sit in their living rooms for a whole half hour looking at my face on their television screens." Dwight D Eisenhower

The makers of Skype (free telephone and Video conferencing program over the internet) have a new project. I first read about Joost in Time magazine and signed up to find out more. Yesterday I was invited to participate in their Beta program and was able to see it for the first time. It is a pretty sharp little program, and think it will be the path future television and programming. Also, instead of paying a cable bill for 40-50 channels, people will have access to thousand of channels for free. I have a couple of invitations. If anyone is interested let me know.
Joost™