Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
So, according to this I don't have much of an accent when I speak in English. Or to be more accurate my accent is like the majority of the populous because everyone has an accent.

I can't say the same about my Spanish accent though. I am pretty sure that I have picked up a fairly strong Gallego accent. How does a Gallego accent sound? Well, to be honest I don't know because it sounds normal to me. People from Madrid sound rather proper and people from southern Spain talk quite different by leaving off most "S" sounds in their words. You can spot non-spaniards almost immediately because the don't pronounce the "Z" and soft "C" with a "th" sound or if they do then they overdo it and make every "S" sound into a "th" which ith jutht thilly.

Well, tomorrow Lori and I are going to try out our accents in Barcelona (yes the correct way to say it is Barthelona) and visit some friends who are ministry leaders there. We will be back on Saturday evening but would ask you to pray that God would bless our trip and our time with our friends. If you need to contact me you can reach me through my cell.