Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looking back at 2007

If there is one word that I would use to some up the past year "change" would be the word.

-Last January we celebrated the new year with our dear friends Betty, Sergio, and Dahiala.
-Last year at this time we knew we had to sell the cafe but we were still waiting for a buyer.
-Our good friend Chris Warren stopped in SdC on his way back to the states after 6 months in Russia to help us close. What a guy!
-In January and February our team and Chris worked the cafe until the end.
-In March we went with the Bailey's on a much needed vacation to Marbella, Spain.
-We also visited Jonah Bailey and some of his friends doing cross-cultural ministry in Sevilla.
-The Next couple of months were kind of a blur.
-Two of our friends had babies in SDC.
-We visited our good friends the Criders in Barcelona.
-I flew back to the states twice for job interviews.
-I got to meet some awesome new people and catch up with some old friends in Brooklyn.
-I had sushi for the first time in my life. I've since lost count on how many times that I've had it.
-In June we gave, sold, or packed and shipped everything in our house in Spain.
-In July we said goodbye to dear friends and a city that we had come to know and love.
-We got a new (new to us) car.
-I started a new job.
-We bought our first house.
-I hung drywall for the first time.
-Instead of Mateo people began to refer to me as Pastor Matt
-I visited some friends who are doing ministry in on the reservation in Tuba City, AZ.
-We saw the leaves change color in Ohio while visiting family.
-In November our girls played in snow for the first time (second time for Abigail).
-In December our girls were used to snow.

I am thankful for all the ways that God blessed us this year and am looking forward to 2008!