Monday, April 28, 2008

Mustaches for the Children

That's right! Yesterday I began a six week quest to grow a beautiful mustache. I shaved off the soul patch that I have been sporting for about two years and am starting the mustache growth process. You may be wondering as to the reason for this sacrifice, my only reply is that "it's for the children".

The men in our church are going to be participating in a fund raiser called "Mustaches for Grip". This is how it works. yesterday we all shaved all facial hair and started clean (no gotees, lamb chops, soul patches, etc...) then for the next 6 weeks we will be growing Magnum PI styled mustaches and collect pledges. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to GRIP youth to use for mission trips and camp scholarships. Grip works with primarily fatherless kids in inner city Chicago. They are an amazing ministry doing some awesome work!

So, I am looking for sponsors. Would you be willing to pledge $1, $2, $5, or $X a week for the next six weeks that I grow out this bad boy? If so, just sign into the comments and make your pledge known. I will keep regular updates with my progress on this blog. Please send checks to

Harvest Community Church
200 W. Higgins Rd. Suite 232

Schaumburg, IL 60195


Please be sure to put "Mustaches for Grip" in the memo section.