Friday, January 9, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I like movies and I have probably watched more than my share of them. Mostly I watch them and the don't give them much thought after a day or two. Two weeks ago Lori and I went on a date and saw Slumdog Millionaire and I must say it is the best movies I have seen in a long, long time. The story was powerful, heavy , and hopeful (sensitive viewers must be warned that there is violence in this film). The scenery was amazing, and the way the tale gave a guided tour of the both the good and bad that has been happening in India over the past thirty years almost gave you the sense of what it would be like to grow up there in the midst of the rapid change caused by globalization. On top of it all the soundtrack was great!

If you haven't yet made plans for this weekend, go see it!