Monday, November 8, 2010

New Beginnings...

I published my first blog post on March 11, 2004 and at that time it was called Swainlife. I began writing a blog primarily as a place to keep my friends and family up to date with our ministry happenings while we were living in Spain. Over time I realized that it was not only a place where I could inform friends and family, but could also teach and use it as a forum to share things I was learning. Then the blog began to be less about the Swains and what we were up to and more about how living Life as Ministry could and should be lived out by all who claim to follow Christ.

In recent months I have found myself not having much more to add to this blog. I believe that this blog has served a purpose as a creative outlet for me (and hopefully an inspirational resource for others) over the last six years, however I find myself being drawn to different media. I used to use this as a place to drop photos of the kids, but Facebook is much better for that now. As I move forward I intend to focus my creative energy more in music, photography and other creative ventures that will let me express my thoughts. I don't plan on taking down this blog because, for me, it serves as a sort of diary of the last several years during some of my most formative spiritual growth. I wanted to highlight some of my favorite posts over the past several years and say thank you to those who have followed regularly and also to those who have dropped in from time to time.


Madrid Train Bombing (2004)
See the Cafe (2004)
Life Is Ministry (2004)

Life in General (2005)
Seasons Change (2005)
Why are We Here? (2005)

Hugs and Tears (2006)  
So you're looking for a new job??? (2006)
Random Facts (2006)
Misconceptions (2006)

Top 25... (2007)
Random Chicago Fact (2007)
Thoughts on Solitude (2007)

Missing the Point (2008)
Practical Ways to Support a Missionary (2008)
Is Christ Divided? (2008)
Human Trafficking (2008) 
Our First Allegiance (2008)
Addicts make the Best Church Leaders (2008)
Faith of a Mustard Seed (2008)
Will the Real J.C. Please Stand Up? (2008)
Consumerism (2008)


In Danger of Missing God? (2009)
Anemic Christianity (2009)
American Health Care Makes me Sick! (2009)
Cultivating Life in the Dessert (2009)


Looking Back on a Decade (2010)
Jesus' Response to Healthcare (2010)
One Christian's Response to Adam Savage (2010)